Tuesday 17 May 2016

Kattabettu junction in Kotagiri



When I visited Kotagiri in 2008, Kattabettu caught my attention because of the peculiar shape of the junction.  The two roads fro Ooty comes parallel and meets at Katabettu.  The lower road comes from Coonoor and the upper road comes from Dodabetta peak.

There a village up the mountain looking very eerie in that height.  I think they call it Kattabettu Mel.  I stopped my car and searched for a location to capture it all.  I found a small Srambia or wooden mosque and fixed my camera.  Hai, I got it all in one click.  The cute Srambia is ofcourse out of focus.

Kattabettu is a small town and a major junction near Kotagiri in Nilgris district of Tamil Nadu.  It comes under DEnad Panchayath about ten km from Kortagiri.  There is a post office here and the pin code is 643206.  Kattabettu is surrounded by Bhavanisagar Taluk towards East , Coonoor Taluk towards west , Karamadai Taluk towards South , Udhagamandalam Taluk towards west .There is one highschool and several primary schools in Katabetu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.